Hi there! My name is Morvarid Naaz Daroodi. I founded Olive+Wheat Designs in 2014 after planning my own intimate wedding (in my best friend’s SoCal backyard). It was an intimate soiree of about 36 peeps total! Many ask how I came to doing what I love most and my response is that I've just always loved entertainment and style! Nothing gives me more pleasure than hosting a good dinner in an exquisite ambience, accompanied by good wine and good company. I thrive on pleasing guests with quality experiences, being hospitable, creative, stylish, and attentive. Afterall, I am a zealous celebration enthusiast! I believe that each event should not be short of pure magic, intricate details, personalization, and mind boggling pleasant experiences that make for lasting memories. I cherish nothing more than helping you create those sweet memories. And if that’s what you’re after, then I’m your girl.
Some stuff you might like to know about the gal you're bringing on board for your next event:
1. I studied Fashion Marketing & Management at the Art Institute of San Diego, CA (here is where I get to brag about this — I was an honor student with a 4.0 GPA).
2. I met my sweetheart on MySpace about 13 years ago (wow, time flies!).
3. We have a chubby Lagotto Romagnolo fur baby, named October, (everyone asks why October, and my response is that October is Ross’s birthday month from Friends, however; thats not why we named him that — he gets his name from our favorite month).
4. I love the rain..and I love people who love the rain.
5. I believe that everything happens for a good reason.
6. I love to host dinners and parties (duh - hence the job).
7. I love to travel (who doesn't?), I have yet to travel to Asian countries..Thailand — here I come!
8. I am a big foodie, and if I don't exercise and watch my diet I will easily gain 40 pounds in 2 months (its happened before).
9. I live on a beautiful golf course/ senior community (jk, its not really a senior community, but its pretty serene, and quiet).
10. I am originally from Iran, and was born in Los Angeles. I’ve been in school both in the US and Iran which I am grateful for, because I gained best of both worlds and cultures.
11. My name, Morvarid Naaz means cute pearl in Farsi.
12. Im a perfectionist which is always what gets me in trouble - that and making plans without coordinating with the hubby first.
13. The longest I've ran was 4 miles (non-stop, *although it took 40 consecutive minutes*) — running a marathon is on my bucket list, so is skydiving.
14. One of my first weddings: A close friend’s Turkish + Italian + Latino Jewish wedding raised the bar high for all proceeding events.
15. I love to ski.
16. I am an art enthusiast and a nice day out and about encompasses gallery hopping, museum visits, and art related events..amongst my favorite artists are: Cindy Sherman, Barbara Kruger, Cy Twombly, Ai WeiWei, Jeff Koons, and…
17. Movies, movies and more movies (to name a few favs: Pretty Woman, Interstellar, Beautiful Minds, Original Sin, Hocus Pocus, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Call Me by Your Name…and so on).
18. I usually don't experience jet lag when I travel between continents.
19. I've inherited an abundance of energy from my mom genetically (even if I sleep super late I will still be an early bird and out the door by 8 am).
20. I cherish my relationships with every person I meet (I seriously can't wait to meet you!).